Prototype 1 is available to download:
[self-extracting zip] (202K)
This version (and all future prototypes) will only run on Windows 9x/NT.
Prototype 1 opens a single web page and displays the HTML source code, allowing the user to save or print it locally.
How to use Prototype 1 :
1) Run the 'iseeker1.exe' executable file
2) Click on the 'Open URL' icon (green and yellow)
3) Type the URL which you want to open and click 'Go Get It!'
Important: Do not include 'http://'. You will also need to split up the URL into the server and file parts.
4) Wait until the application opens the page
When the application opens the page it will display a statistics pop-up window, where it displays the total number of links in the page and 3 text boxes where it places different types of the HTML code (an attempt at a basic HTML parser).
After closing the pop-up window, you can see the whole of the HTML source code for the page you downloaded.
Remarks: This is a single threaded application. Therefore the window will freeze while the application is trying to open the page.
Prototype 2 is also available:
[self-extracting zip] (205K)
The GUI doesn't freeze while downloading the page because the
connection is done on a separate (working) thread. This working thread
uses the new CInetConnect class to do all the connection-specific
How to use Prototype 2 :
1) Run the 'iseeker2.exe' executable file
2) Click on the 'Open URL' icon (now the icon of an open folder
with 'URL' written on top)
3) Type the URL which you want to open
and click 'Ok'
Important: In this prototype you MUST include
'http://' or 'file://'.
4) While the application opens the page, you can still use the GUI
Prototype 3 (beta 3.1)
Prototype 3 (beta 3.1) is available to download:
[self-extracting zip] (208K)
Beta 3.1 can download up to 10 pages in parallel.
How to use Prototype 3 (beta 3.1):
1) Run the 'iseeker3_1.exe' executable file
2) Click on the 'Open URL' icon
3) Type in different URLs (up to 10)
4) Click the OK button to start downloading.
Note: Ignore the disabled fields at the bottom of the dialog, these are still not implemented yet.
5) You will notice the application downloading multiple pages in parallel.
Remarks: Soon this version will be replaced by Prototype 3 Release which will satisfy the prototype's specification.